Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Double Standard

This is actually the craziest thing: Double Standards.

I guess we all assume that men and women are equal, but because how we view femininity and masculinity there is a double standard that is created. I hate how this video is a commercial, but there is so much truth to this idea of women as leaders and men as leaders.

I really don't know how this relates to hair at all, but I do think that the message portrayed is the right one. Why can't women working late at night not be assumes as selfish? Why can't women be dressed up and not be considered a show off? What if i just wanted to dress up when I woke up in the morning? This actually makes no sense to me. This double standard that is created by society just annoys me.

This is what the "Sociological Student Sheep" says:


http://www.upworthy.com/nailed-it-this-ad-calls-out-5-ridiculous-double-standards-women-face-in-less-than-60-seconds-2?c=ufb1

No comments:

Post a Comment