Wednesday, October 16, 2013

How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse


When zombies attack, what will you do? Run? Scream?

With movies like the 2013 zombie Warm Bodies and AMC's series Walking Dead, the idea of zombies aren't scary anymore. It more like a way of life. As an avid Walking Dead watcher, seeing this ad was a pretty awesome way to lure me in.

But then I am thinking about who else is watching. What if you don't like watch, or if there are little kids are watching this ad? Would you like to get this battery for you car or just grab the remote to change the channel? This ad clearly uses the increasing trend of zombies to sell their product.

What annoys me though is that is uses a cool concept that is in trend, but the product is only shown at the end. I mean I hate random product placement, but if you selling me a battery at least hint at it through out. I though this was a trailer for something at first.

Even ending with a blunt way to sell a product, the way marketers now use cinematic details to construct a well thought out commercial amazes me. DieHard car batteries that just site there there are the perfect is the typical cinematic moment in any movie. The commercial is well staged and show, but what I really likes about it was the way the director uses the cliche where the one who betrays ends up dying: the man that left the women when she was stuck at the gate ended up dying while the women got away in the car with the DieHard Battery.

The use is cinema in this zombie ads makes it more unique to watch than other advertisement. I wonder if this is the direction that ads are no going in.

But really, the question becomes how are you going to survive a a zombie apocalypse?

1 comment:

  1. Tell me why I almost had a heart attack when I saw this. I really did not expect to see these pictures. They totally caught me off guard.

    ReplyDelete