Monday, October 7, 2013

So What Are They Actually Trying to Sell


I personally feel disrespected when I see this commercial. It makes me feel like I've been eating fast food the wrong way the whole time! This is just way too much to be seen. When watching it, I almost forgot that this was a family restaurant and that it was fast food! It seemed like it was something that I would click out of after seeing the first two seconds. First of all, why did she feel like she had to act all "sexy" for a food commercial which in the end makes the person look the opposite of what she looks like. Second, when have you ever seen someone eating a burger like that? NEVER! Third, is the company trying to sell her body or  what she is holding in her hand. I really hope that kids aren't watching this because it's showing bad associations for consumers. Some consumers think that watching football, means women and food. Girls might think that boys expect them to eat and dress like her. Next thing you know, girls will be walking into fast food places with a mini fan so that they can eat while the "wind is in their faces". Will there ever been a limit as to how these companies try to sell their food?

No comments:

Post a Comment