Wednesday, October 2, 2013

More Convenient Fast Food



Having trouble with eating and driving after getting food from a fast food branch? Don't know where to put your food that is convenient while you drive? KFC has your back. They created the Go Cups that fit into your car's cup holder. 

When I first saw this I thought it was pretty funny and just another typical advertisement, but what about the children? But actually. This advertisement is not to promote other cops to buy KFC, it to show kids watching TV and Hulu users  that you can be like a cop if you get KFC to go cups. 

I first saw this advertisement when I was watching a show on Hulu and in trying to ignore the repetitive advertisement I realized that I felt hungry. I thought about how easy it is to access fast food. Then I thought about how advertisement has influenced the food culture of today. 17% Children between the ages of 2-19 are obese. Imagine the influences of advertisement like these that lure children to consume large amounts of junk food. 



Food advertisement have influenced children's decision to eat fast food rather than healthy food, which has effected the way children think. Media manipulates children when they don't even know it. I personally find it worrisome that advertisement use methods to evoke ideas in children's minds to go and get their food.

I am a victim to this, but I know when to my limit of junk food it. Children don't really know the difference between what is considered bad and good types of food. KFC does an impressive job in showing hungry consumers the easy life of car culture and food culture. 

The advertisement assumes that other snacks are ordinary,  while the Go Cups are extraordinary. I mean it's going to taste like any other chicken tender right? Kids, don't be fooled by the cops. They may look good, but an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

No comments:

Post a Comment