Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pantene



This commercial made me cry.

This is one of the best commercials I had ever seen. I always thought a good commercial is never the one that only successfully emphasized its brand and function, but one that successfully aroused audience's emotion. This commercial achieved that. This four minutes' film takes audience on a little girl's journey of realizing her dream to become a gymnast. I was especially caught by the scene she hugged her supportive mother at the train station, and the scene when she won the applause of all the audiences at the competition. It was so touching to see how she relied on her effort and her mother's support, got over all the bullies, stayed strong and became successful, and I believe everyone who saw this video would feel as motivated as I did.

Another reason for falling in love with this commercial is that I love its natural way of introducing the product. This shampoo commercial did not pointed out the brand and function of the product, but indirectly showed the audience’s the product's function. Through the ribbon tied on the little girl's blonde hair, and the close-up of the young lady's silky hair when she received the gold medal, no more explanation is needed for the shampoo's effect.


Advertisements can be easily forgotten by audiences, but touching stories can never be wiped away from mind. I believe whenever people recalls this advertisement, they would first think of the cute little girl, with beautiful blonde hair, realized her dream of being a gymnast.

No comments:

Post a Comment