Thursday, October 17, 2013

Reebok Needs A Reboot






This is simply- for lack of a better word- awful.

It's an ad for shoes. Why isn't she wearing a shirt? I understand that the black pants ease eyes towards the popping-white sneakers; however, I am frustrated with the sexual implications that were unnecessarily added. 

Also, where are the girl's eyes? She is a person, not an object. Again, I understand that hiding her eyes allows for any consumer to imagine themselves in her place. Anyone can sport those Easy Tone sneakers and yoga pants. Personally, I'd rather see that Reebok's new sneakers give the wearer a happy face. Wouldn't you want to buy something that will make you smile? 

Reebok's new product is the Easy Tone sneaker, which by wearing, supposedly leads to a 28 percent  increase in strength and tone in the buttock muscles and 11 percent increase in strength and tone in hamstring and calf muscles than regular walking shoes.

Unfortunately for Reebok, consumers didn't find success with Easy Tone. There has been bad reviews and complaints all over the web. There has even been a lawsuit. The Federal Trade Commission claimed that the Easy Tone shoes did not live up to its promised strength increases. In the end, Reebok refunded consumers $25 million.

I personally own a pair of these shoes, and I wear them to the gym. After a workout my legs feel more tired than usual, and I take it as a sign that they are getting 'toned'. Sadly, I have not seen any increased definition in my legs since I've been wearing the Easy Tone shoes for the last 6 months. Perhaps I should asked to be refunded for this past purchase. What's one more refund to Reebok?


Ad from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhmQF-jYHP_tXAJ6nVkeosKalev5Mqh182heJntd-UCPuhElnHH3ha3cFQlv8dF6KF7l7Cw03oUCQaiMIJ5-QaR3EFA7O6MPmQamWhHb2IkVJ20f3WefRhgXBuGYyXICC-bXuuyBs3O32tR/s400/GRZ_ET_Closet_Global_2_1_420x297.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment