Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pepsi Targets the SOCCER Fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He5w-14aieM

The first time that I watched this video I was stunned to watch some of the best soccer players together on this commercial. Never before I had seen a commercial where many of my favorite soccer players come out together in a very funny video. Aside, from using celebrities the use of sense of humor made the commercial very fascinating. As I watched the commercial I remember to be more interested on the jukes that the players were doing than the product that the commercial was promoting.
However, after watching the video over and over for several times I realized how smart the Pepsi Company was, by creating a commercial that appeal to not only sweet soft drinkers but to soccer fans too. A soccer fan that watches a video like this one is likely to become a Pepsi client just because they can connect the product to what they like. This personally influenced me because since I watched this video unconscious I became a Pepsi customer. As I thought about it, I noticed that I buy Pepsi due to the fact that every time I see a blue Pepsi can it reminds me of my favorite soccer players. It is ironic how athletics are promoting a drink that is supposed to be bad for athletics yet; they still come out on commercials like this.
As customers we do not realize how each advertisement is made purposely to attract our attention. We ignored the true intention behind and we just take the positive side of the commercial.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how deeply cemented those associations can be: if you started seeing Pepsi ads centering around soccer when you were a kid, you may never shake the perception that futbol players drink Pepsi--and thus that it's an appealing and vaguely healthy drink.

    ReplyDelete